I am someone who really values routines.
Whether it is celebrating a holiday or doing the same actions every morning, I find that routine has become even more important to me during a time of uncertainty.
At the beginning of the pandemic, I found myself so thrown out of my routines that my mental health plunged. Even months into quarantine, I refused to make peace with the situation and normalize it.
However, getting over this hump and creating new structure helped me become much happier. Routine allowed me to find normalcy in the most disruptive year of my life.
Here are some of my favorite new routines I have formed in the last year:
- Writing in a gratitude journal every night
- Spending every Tuesday at Summit Coffee
- Wednesday morning hangouts with my friend Hannah
- Bachelor Monday’s at my apartment
- Creating a new skincare routine
- Seeing my co-workers on Zoom twice a week for meetings
- Weekend coffee dates with my dad
- Nightly TV time with my roommates
- Bi-weekly therapy sessions
- Filling up my water bottle first thing in the morning
Although these are small tasks, they create something to look forward to on a daily and weekly basis.
If anyone has any routines they love or want to suggest, contact me through my website!